Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cirrusvalu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
What will it cost?
Because Cirrus provides valuations for many different types and sizes of companies, and for many different situations, it is not possible to provide prices on our web site. In some cases, we may be able to provide a price range after obtaining basic information from you over the phone. Generally, firm quotes/proposals are provided after we have obtained a thorough understanding of your situation, which sometimes requires an in-person meeting. The good news is that, in some cases, fixed prices can be provided for all or part of the engagement.
How long will it take?
Our standard engagement letter states that we can complete the valuation within 4-6 weeks after receiving all documents and information. This time varies, of course, depending upon the purpose of the valuation, the size and nature of the business, and other factors. In some cases, we can complete a valuation in much less time. A price premium may apply for rush service.
Are you certified?
Yes. Christopher Kyanko is an experienced Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF), and is Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF).
Do your IRS valuations meet their rigorous standards?
Yes. Valuations for IRS purposes are tailored to this purpose. In all cases, Cirrus professionals follow its tough, professional standards.
What documents will you need?
It depends on the size and type of business and the purpose of the valuation. More documents will be required, for example, in a valuation for a divorce or shareholder dispute. The following should give you an idea about the type of documents we may need for a basic valuation;
- Tax returns and/or financial statements (income statements and balance sheets),
- Payroll, fixed asset/depreciation, inventory reports,
- Payables and receivables aging reports,
- Corporate records such as by-laws, articles of incorporation/formation, minutes of board meetings, etc.
- Shareholder, management, not-to-compete, and similar agreements,
- Loan documents for key loans,
- Real estate, equipment, and other property appraisals,
- Information about previous transactions in the subject company’s stock,
- Details of pending litigation,
- Details/documents about investments,
- Forecasts & projections,
- Business plans,
- Details of major contracts,
- And possibly more.
What is your process?
- Brief discussion via phone or email to determine if we can help you. We like to know the purpose, deadlines if any, general idea of the size and complexity of the business, and parties involved (for conflict check). At this time, we may or may not be able to give you a price range.
- Meet to discuss your situation in more detail. This will enable us to determine the type and level of service you may need, and to determine if there is a good fit for both you and us.
- Develop a quote/proposal and, when appropriate, meet to review.
- Both parties sign the engagement letter. A retainer is required for us to begin.
- A document/information request list is prepared.
- At a relatively early point in the process, a management interview is conducted with the owner(s) and possibly others. At the same time, a site visit will generally be conducted.
- The valuation analysis is performed and the report (if required) is delivered.
- Payment in full is typically required before we are able to communicate the results of our analysis.
Do you take credit cards?
Yes. Visa/MasterCard/American Express.
What if we have to go to court?
Approximately half of the valuations we perform are prepared in connection with a divorce or shareholder dispute. When necessary, Cirrus provides expert witness testimony and related services to assist in such matters.
Can I use your valuation report for more than one purpose?
Our valuation conclusions are generally limited to a single purpose. This is because the value for a particular business may be different depending upon the purpose.
Why should I choose Cirrus?
What types of valuation services do you offer?
Do you value small businesses?
Yes. We specialize in small to medium sized businesses.
Do you do divorce work?
Yes. Valuations for this purpose represent a large percentage of the valuations we perform. These engagements sometimes include a determination of income for child support/alimony purposes.
What types of businesses do you value?
Do you value start-up businesses?
Yes. We value start-ups, mature businesses, and those in bankruptcy.
What geographic area do you serve?
Our focus includes cities and towns throughout Maryland and the greater Washington, D.C. and Baltimore metro areas, including Northern Virginia, Frederick, and Annapolis. We also serve York and neighboring areas.
What other services do you provide?